Fun Painted Embroidery Hoop
Designed By: Simone Collins
Skill Level: Beginner
- Embroidery Hoop
- Cotton canvas material, less than a ¼ yard
- Graffiti Fabric Markers
- Snow Marker
- Embroidery floss, black
- Embossing Tool
- Trim, optional
- Hot Glue Gun, optional
- Ruler, optional
- Pencil, optional
Instructions for Alcohol Ink Coasters
- Pre-wash your fabric. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cut a piece of fabric to fit your embroidery hoop. Place your fabric into your hoop so that the top of the fabric piece is concaved in the hoop.
- Draw your design on a scrap piece of paper.
- Lay your hoop over the design and trace using a pencil or Graffiti Fabric Marker. Make sure you allow each color to dry for about 5-10 minutes before applying the next.
- For the clouds, fill in the area with the Snow Marker. Heat using an Embossing Tool, be sure to move the tool around as you heat to avoid scorching.
- Write your message using a Graffiti Fabric Marker (optional).
- Using three strands from embroidery floss to match the color of your sentiment, back stitch your message, just outlining it.
- You can add some fun trim to the outside of the embroidery hoop using a hot glue gun.
Created By: Simone Collins
|DIY lover who will try anything twice (as long as it doesn't involve glitter.) Amateur lettering artist and doodler.|