I Am BABY!!! Hear Me ROAR!!!
Make an Easy and affordable fashion statement with this fun project from Marvy® Uchida! Show off your wild child by decorating children’s garments with an easy and affordable fashion statement with this fun project from Marvy® Uchida with Puffy Velvet Fabric Markers!
- Basic Cotton Onsie, T-Shirt or Bib
- Tracing Paper
- Iron & Ironing Surface
- Piece of Cardboard For Inside the Garment
- Marvy Uchida Embossing Heat Tool
- Marvy Uchida Trace & Transfer Pen
- Marvy Uchida Puffy Velvet Fabric Marker in White
- Marvy Uchida Puffy Velvet Fabric Marker in Yellow
- Marvy Uchida Puffy Velvet Fabric Marker in Black
- Marvy Uchida Puffy Velvet Fabric Marker in Red
- Marvy DecoFabric Marker in Gold
- Marvy DecoFabric Marker in Brown
- Marvy Uchida Fabric Ball & Brush Black
- Lion Template
- Draw your image in pencil on a piece of tracing paper
- Flip the tracing paper over and trace over the pencil lines with the Marvy® Uchida Trace & Transfer Pens
- Place the image onto the garment so that the transfer pen lines are touching the fabric and pin to the desired location
- Heat your iron to the ideal setting suited for the fabric, and pass the iron over the image several times. Check to see if the image is transferred by carefully lifting a portion of the tracing paper. Be careful not to shift the tracing paper. If needed pass the iron over it a few more times.
- Place the cardboard piece inside the garment before coloring in the design with the Marvy® Uchida Fabric Markers.
- Shake Puffy Velvet and Deco Fabric Markers well. Color in the open spaces (separated by the transfer pen lines) with Colored Marvy® Uchida Fabric Markers and set aside to dry.
- Use the black Marvy® Uchida Fabric Markers to define the outlines of your shapes and set aside to dry.
- Once dry, while maintaining a distance of 6-8 inches, pass the Marvy® Uchida Heat Tool over the design in a constant circular motion. Pass the tool back and forth in a circular motion until the paint pops up to create an embossed effect! Allow Puffy Velvet to cool before touching.
Created By: Modern Surrealist Marisa Pawelko
|Uchida of America Design Team|