Hexagon Patterned Shoes
Designed By: Uchida Staff
Crafting Time: 2 hours
Skill Level: Beginner
- White canvas shoes
- Marvy®/Uchida Fabric Brush Marker item #722: fluorescent light blue, fluorescent green, fluorescent violet, yellow
- Marvy®/Uchida Fabric Marker item#520 bold tip: green
- Marvy®/Uchida Erasable Fabric Marker: pink
- Hexagon Pattern Template
All measurements are in inches.
- Print nestled hexagon pattern and cut out each shape.
- Start at the front center of the shoe. Place the largest shape on the shoe with one of the points facing up and trace it on to the shoe with the erasable fabric marker. Take the next shape and trace that one in the center of the larger shape. Repeat until nestle pattern is finished. Create nestled hexagon pattern next to it and around it. Leave 1/8 inch space between each pattern. Repeat pattern until the front of the shoe is covered and looks like a honeycomb. When you come to an edge, just draw part of the pattern.
- Leave the sides of the shoe white. Center the pattern at the back of the shoe. Repeat the pattern on the back.
- Color in the nested pattern with fluorescent light blue, fluorescent violet, then fluorescent green for the center. Allow the colors to dry in between each color, so it will not bleed into each other. Add another coat of color to make it vibrant. Allow the shoe to dry.
- Fill the spaces between the nestled hexagon yellow.
- Once the shoe is colored and dry, use the bold tip green to outline the patterns. Lastly color trims green as well.